AlligatorZone® Academy is proud to bring to the community, a practical launch-and-learn summer entrepreneurship workshop for young people. Students of ages 10-15 will learn while launching an entrepreneurial initiative they care about and learning about personal branding, in a playful, yet purposive way. Among other things, the workshop distills lessons drawn from real-world startups including the nearly 150 startups showcased to our young audiences across America by AlligatorZone® since 2014.
Please scroll down to review the summer program’s history, testimonials, and registration information, or simply email us, or call us at 813-644-9064.
AlligatorZone® Academy’s Summer Enrichment Workshop 2019 returns this summer after two successful summer camps, as well as successfully running a series of game-based and project-based pilots in after-school enrichment programs. Scroll down for details and testimonials.
- Venue: Entrepreneur Collaborative Center, 2101 E Palm Ave, Tampa, FL 33605.
- Coaching: Coaches will be entrepreneurs who have created and led bootstrapped and funded ventures, or are currently leading entrepreneurial ventures, thus making for a coursework leaning more towards common-sense practical approaches than on academic learning.
- Ages: Recommended for kids of ages 10 – 15 (or Grade Levels 4 – 8).
- Format: Face-to-face, game-based and/or project-driven.
- Fees: $395 (after a $200 scholarship from a benevolent co-sponsor)
- Dates: Monday, June 17 through Friday, June 21, 2019
- Duration: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., including lunch-hour and healthy-breaks.
- Content: This is a ‘Launch & Learn’ workshop, which presents startup skills made simple for kids, to give children an opportunity to embark on a joyful journey of doing something cool for their community, while developing a personal brand. It is never too early to start investing in entrepreneurial leadership skills training and gently guiding innately curious children in getting prepared to build a body of work of which they can be proud.
- The 2019 Workshop’s Goals: To teach skills used by entrepreneurs. In this workshop, kids will develop fundamental skills to execute on projects based on their own areas of interest, and something that contributes to making their world better. These will be entrepreneurial initiatives which they can start and continue working on long after the workshop ends, thus getting on the pathway to building a body of social-impact work that could help them throughout their school years, should they wish to pursue it seriously. Further, the entrepreneurial-skills they will learn along the way, such as cash-flow management and marketing, are skills that will come handy, no matter what their career path or calling may be in future.
- Mission of AlligatorZone Academy’s workshop series: AlligatorZone Academy’s 2019 Summer Camp is a workshop series to help families nurture entrepreneurial leadership skills in their children. Kids need entrepreneurial leadership skills to survive and succeed in our fast-changing world, no matter what career they choose to pursue. AlligatorZone® Academy aims to teach, among other things, soft skills such as communication, problem-solving, independent thinking, and understanding an entrepreneurial mindset that helps kids retain their innate curiosity.
- Parental Role: Subject to availability of extra space in the meeting room / class room, the presence of a parent or a guardian, as an observer, in this workshop is welcomed. Such chaperone’s registration is free of cost. Chaperones may observe, but not participate during the sessions unless requested. In AlligatorZone’s programs, we encourage parental engagement because, in our observation, the shared experience makes it special for most kids and helps reinforce their learning once they leave a workshop or an event.
- More questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-644-9064.
- Testimonials from the past: Video testimonials:
Written Testimonial: Here’s feedback on AlligatorZone® Academy’s 2017 summer camp from a parent who attended along with her 11-year old: “I want to thank you for all of your effort in putting together a great overview of what it takes to start a business. Daniel has learned a lot and has enjoyed this experience. He most enjoyed meeting the founders in person but also really liked the video calls with Actev Motors and Bakeys. Nice that he learned that he needs to prepare with research and assignments to make the most out of a meeting! He also really enjoyed being an ambassador last weekend.”
About AlligatorZone® Academy:
AlligatorZone® Academy supports and subsidizes the costs of the nationwide free public event-program by AlligatorZone®. The framework for AlligatorZone® Academy has been meticulously designed to be dynamic even as it provides an enduring alternative learning environment for kids and youth. AlligatorZone® Academy creates educational experiences, environments and curriculum drawn from the front-lines of entrepreneurial innovation to empower parents and educators who want to help their school-age children prepare for careers that don’t yet exist.
Students at the Academy enjoy connecting the dots between their formal education in STEM / STEAM or any other discipline where they are exploring their interests in creating something of value to the world outside, with the alternative learning environments at AlligatorZone Academy, which draws upon the experiences of real-world contemporary entrepreneurs and CEOs, some of whom, the students meet in person. Learn more about AlligatorZone® Academy’s initiatives at https://AlligatorZone.org/Academy.